Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Elementary School Memories...

Let's see...I'll start with the sad, and end up on a better note!
The worst memory I have, is probably just the saddest. When I was in 3rd grade, my classmate passed away. I can't remember what kind of disease he had, but we all knew he was sick, and one Sunday I was at church, and the priest made the annoucements of who had passed that week, and Matthew was in there. I remember going to school the next day, and the entire school was so quiet. Matthew wasn't one of my close friends, but I had gone to school with him since kindergarten, and he was in my CCD class. So it hit hard, but not as bad as it would have been if I had known him better....
On to my best memory...that would have to be in 2nd grade. I had the coolest teacher EVER. Mr. Krugly stood on our desks, always made us laugh - and last but certainly not least - taught us how to write in cursive with shaving cream! To this day I get a lil smile on my face every time I see shaving cream! It was such a creative way, and like my mom said later on, it was a great way to clean the desks!

6 comments:

Becky said...

wow. thats so sad that you had to learn death at such a young age. and man I WISH I HAD A TEACHER LIKE THAT!!! i bet he was great!! thanks for sharing!!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

hahaha Love the shaving cream story... I will never forget the deaths of classmates as I went through my school years. Truely those are bittersweet memories of growing.

Jen said...

awww, what a great teacher.
It's hard when we're so young to understand the lose of a classmate, It's a difficult thing for a child to understand.

Valerie said...

thats so cool about the shaving cream...poor that little boy..but it was good he didnt suffer for long! how sad thou!

harleyangel said...

that's so sad about your classmate :(

I had a botany teacher in high school that was cool like yours. She made up for all the annoying teachers!

floridagirl said...

you made me think of a similar situation I went through in grammar school - Kenny Krouse - died really young - like in second grade I think. I remember how scared it made all of us and how hard to understand. I can totally relate to this - thanks for sharing. A good teacher can really make a marked impact on our lives - huh??